Social Networking

So my sister asked me the other day if I had ever gotten onto an online dating site. I have but don't think its my thing. A couple of friends of mine have met people and hooked, but I just don't trust people I can't read and you can't really read a profile and a picture.

She asked me this after I told her I'm considering returning to school to get an MPA. She's concerned I won't marry. But really some things are more important than sitting around waiting for that (especially living in this county!--I could sit forever).

What is it about marriage that married people want their single family members and friends to find that "special somebody?" Being single is fun. You can go out on the town every weekend (or more). You can spontaneously call up your friends and get together. You can kick your room-mate out when they cause trouble. Right now I'm happy in my singlehood. If you get married before you can have a wonderful single life, you really don't know how fulfilling it can be. And I'm sure if you haven't married you don't know how married life is but maybe some of us can have the best of both worlds: get married later!

PS. George W. is such a dick! And a traitor to his party (and you probably know by now I'm not a huge fan of his party).


This entry was posted on 11/13/2006 06:10:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: