This week I adopted the alias "Lisa" as a result of patrons asking for my name. These are not your average Joes and I'm immediately put on guard when they start interrogating me for personal information ("what high school do you go to?", "are you married?", "are you in college?", "how many kids do you have?"), or, in one case, a guy seemed nervous, asked my name, and then told me he's been checking me out lately (my immediate response: "I'm married.")

Oh, the hazards of working with the public.


This entry was posted on 11/20/2009 04:38:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Christy said...

    I admire you. And I like your alias. And why doesn't your posts have dates. That, I don't like. :)

  1. ... on 5:32 PM  
  2. Caitlin Brooke and Justin said...

    Oh OH!!! That is awesome and horrifying all at once! Lisa, oh Lisa my dear! Yeah... nothing like that at North Branch. There was that old guy who smoke cigars outside before opening who had the most AMAZING baking tips. Who would have guessed! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHH LISA!

  3. ... on 12:22 AM