Guilty as Charged

Last week I pled guilty to three violations in the city of Sunset, Utah: not updating my address on my driver's license, not having proof of insurance in my car, and having a broken windshield.

The lame thing is we were short staffed at work and I was given a time to appear before the judge. I thought I'd just have to show my new Utah license and my proof of insurance, which I did have just not in the car. I was fined $30 for the not updating the address.

I think of it as donating to the city of Sunset.

The thing about northern Utah is there are tons of small municipalities with very limited resources. Just think of all the services the cities could provide if they united. I'm not sure why they remain independent. Surely there is some principle the residents stand upon. As for me, I believe that northern Utah could thrive if it was more united. (Kind of like my singles ward!)

I've decided lately that the Utahn culture is just too odd and I will never understand it. And I am a city girl, now and forever.


This entry was posted on 10/15/2006 11:03:00 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Vern Waters said...

    That really bites. I would vow to never leave Weber County!

    I got a nasty ticket in Layton several years ago. I was NOT speeding and I fought it. I lost. Let me just say that cops will protect cops and they have much more experience in coourtrooms than the rest of us "honest" citizens.

  1. ... on 2:36 PM  
  2. Brannigan C said...

    Damn the Man!

  3. ... on 5:45 PM