The other day a man came up to the circulation desk to check materials out. I asked him how he was doing and if he found the information he came in for.

His response: "Whoa! I didn' t expect you to have that voice!"

Further explanation: I look like I'm in my mid-20s but have the voice of a person in her mid-30s.
A voice can age (think of puberty or listen to an elderly person speak), but I thought that once between the ages of 13 and 80, there were no real indicators of the age of a person based on voice.

That man's comment-that horrible man (heh, heh, heh)-disturbed me. I don't want to sound 5-10 years older than I really am. I still consider myself young and fresh.


This entry was posted on 12/28/2006 12:51:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: