So I broke down and saw the movie and was pleasantly surprised. It was nice to see a condensed version of the book and I eagerly await future condensed versions of the series in movie format. Edward was charming although he could have smiled more. Bella was good, but I became a fan after Speak. The "baseball scene" was awesome and my only complaint is that it was too short. And Jasper was absolutely adorable. The movie reflected how I remember life as a teenager to be--miserable--and I found myself giggling--a lot.

I went with my friend Nan, who is a mega fan of both the books and the movie. We talked and I came to the conclusion that I didn't really enjoy the books because I just don't like romance novels. Books that are of another genre with a little romance are fine; just not the formulaic romances. Plus, I'm blessed with a wonderful hubbie and don't need an aphrodisiac like I hear so many women claim Edward to be.

Latest books that I absolutely love:

* The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley
* Ophelia by Lisa Klein
* Courtney Crumrin & the Coven of the Mystics by Ted Naifeh


This entry was posted on 12/28/2008 10:51:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Christy said...

    I wasn't a huge fan of the movie because Edward just didn't cut it in my mind. Bella did well. The cast was too diverse, which I feel took away from the literary appeal the book contained. One of the reasons (it seemed to me) that Bella felt that the town was so dull and dreary was because of the weather, but there was no diversity, making a colorless town. However, for what they could do I'd give it a B. The baseball scene and forward was EXCELLENT. The beginning of the movie left much to be desired. :)

  1. ... on 7:00 PM