I'm trying to figure out what colors to use for my blog. Summer is coming up so it would be nice to try some summer colors. Maybe some lime greens and yellows. Lavender always looks nice so I went ahead and used lavender and purple.

I had a makeover at the Lancome counter on Saturday. Thats a good place to learn about colors. I found out that despite my pale skin and reddish hair I can use any colors, so long as they're the right shade. We did creams and greens (kind of lime green and emerald). Loved the effect so bought the makeup.

Its funny the whole makeup thing. Putting materials (and sometimes toxic at that) on our faces to change the way we look so we look better. I wonder what aliens would think about that.

I ask this question a lot: What would aliens think about....? Usually I plug in dancing or ice/roller skating. Odd fun once you think about them on the basest levels.

For more information on aliens, check out Alien Central. A patron here at the library gave me this link. He is actually Nordic (check out that link). Thats why he thinks I'm cool--because I have Nordic blood.


This entry was posted on 5/08/2006 01:34:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Do you want to buy $100 worth of Mary Kay products?
    Because that's what my daughter had to buy to become a sales person for them and really, I still can't believe this was all Suzanne's idea.
    Suzanne the uber-feminist who rode the Freedom Bus to Washington, DC to march for the ERA back in the day.
    So now Suzanne is using all these Mary Kay products.
    You wonder what an alien would think about it?
    You SHOULD wonder what men think about it--because we don't get it any more than aliens would.
    You know what Joni Mitchell says: "vain promises on beauty product jars...."
    You know what the Bible says: "Consider the lillies of the field, they do not something, neither do they toil, yet even Solomon in all his glory was never so finely arrayed."

  1. ... on 12:27 AM