RATS!

I think everyone should consider having a pet rat.

Rats make intelligent, loyal, sweet pets. My pet rat, Nickie, is sooooo cute. She follows me all over the house and loves attention, as any rat does (they are social animals).

Unfortunately, my brother-in-law's rat is stuck in his cage most of the time. I would like to take him home but then neither he nor Nickie could roam freely or else I'll rats coming out of my ears. We could work out a rotation schedule where one gets to roam one day and the other gets to roam the next. I'll have to think about this more.

I'd like to get a puppy sometime too.

Animals are just special. There is something special about them. They are helpful at reducing stress, helping with depression, they have their own individual personalities (just like you and me), and they are innocent creatures (becoming who they are by instinct or training).

Hunting is stupid for Americans to do unless they are truly lacking in money to buy food. There are animals raised and abused purely to satisfy the American's lust for meat. Why kill another innocent life when there are plenty of animals that are forced to eat their fellow species, living in cramped quarters (to say the very least, unable to even reach their prime because the younger the meat the better it tastes?


This entry was posted on 5/28/2006 03:08:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: