Job Update

I knew when I didn't get the jobs I interviewed for at the end of this summer that there had to be a reason, and in the end this has proven true.

I'll be transferring to the main library the end of November to take on the teens who hang out and cause a ruckus. Apparently there are concerns with gangs hanging outside that are trying to "convert" preteens and tweens. Then there are the teens who hang out upstairs and drive the staff and other patrons nuts while they wait for their time on the Internet. I'll be assigned to an area downstairs so I'm unclear as to how I'm supposed to befriend and rein these kids in.

There will be many questions to answer and kinks to iron out but overall I'm pleased that I'll be able to work with the clientele I want to, will no longer have to balance being a manager with being a children's librarian, and will (hopefully) no longer be stressed with the multitude of children's programming throughout the system. And my current boss is moving to the same department as I am, which I was very pleased to hear. Once again my mother-in-law will have to be moved to a different division (as nepotism is a huge no-no) so hopefully she won't regret introducing me to her son since this will be the second time in a year that she has had to change divisions on account of me. (I for one have no regrets about her introducing me to her son :)


This entry was posted on 9/22/2008 07:40:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: