The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Oh, to be a kid with the joys of summer vacation (although mine were never at a cottage on the property of a great manor), running around the neighborhood (this case a manor), getting into trouble, and playing with siblings and friends.

The characterization in this book is so well done. I feel like I know the characters personally--I laugh at their quirks, relate to them, ached with them.

Excellent book!


View all my reviews.
The Penderwicks on Gardam Street The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Jeanne Birdsall is such a great writer. I absolutely love the characters. They are real and I enjoy comparing myself as a kid (thoughts, attitudes, actions) to the girls.

This book is a great read aloud. It will probably appeal less to boys than the first one (this one has some dating and crushes involved).

Readalikes: Ida B., Anastasia Krupnik


View all my reviews.


This entry was posted on 8/20/2008 09:30:00 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: