In Loving Memory

Nickie died last Saturday. She followed me outside when I was returning to the branch after lunch. She got stuck between the door and the screen door and probably died of heat exhaustion.

We're having a funeral for her at my sister's house in Idaho tomorrow. I feel like I lost a good friend. She was a great roommate and I'll be missing her for a really long time.

Nickie liked to climb onto my bed with me on it and play tag and hide and go seek. She also liked to lick my lips after I ate. She came when I called her name--she'd coming bounding over and jump up on me and we'd wrestle.

My last moments with her were fun. We wrestled and I kissed her and told her how much I love her.

I really miss her....


This entry was posted on 8/14/2006 08:10:00 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Brannigan C said...

    I'm sorry to hear about your friend and companion. It's hard to lose a friend and pet. Animals have a way of giveing so much love that humans can't compare to. I'm deeply sorry.

  1. ... on 12:06 PM  
  2. Vern Waters said...

    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. These friends can bring such joy and such a sense of loss. We had a wonderful cat named Thompson who had no fear of the road. He was an adventurous and curious guy who was drawn to a house that had burned. He was killed by a car as he was crossing that street. I still miss him terribly and it has been several years.

    I wish there was something I could do. I'm so sorry.

  3. ... on 8:50 AM